Back to School
Are our kids practising SPINe healthy habits in school
Now many of our young patients, or children of our patients, have packed their books, polished their shoes and headed back to school, ready to face the year ahead. However, kids don’t often think about the impact common classroom activities like sitting in a classroom, carrying a heavy bag and excessive screen time can have on their overall health and wellbeing.
Back to School campaign
As part of the Australian Chiropractors Association’s Back to School Campaign, we here at Ansell Chiropractic are encouraging Aussie kids to adopt positive spinal health habits.
These habits include:
- Carrying a backpack correctly with both straps, adjusting it to the correct height and ensuring only the essentials are packed, with heavier items to the back of the bag to reduce weight
- Maintaining good posture when sitting in a classroom by keeping their shoulders back and relaxed with both feet firmly on the floor
- Trying to reduce recreation screen time to two-hours every day
- Eating a balanced, healthy diet and staying hydrated, helping kids to keep active in the playground and alert in the classroom
- Getting enough physical activity is key for a child’s wellbeing, so as a guide, kids should try and get at least 60 minutes of physical activity daily
Let’s help kids practise these positive spinal health habits this back to school season and all year round.
We welcome you to make an appointment with us for more advice and assistance on implementing these positive health habits into your child’s daily activity.
Chiropractors are well placed to assess and manage disorders of the musculoskeletal system and offer solutions and advice regarding your existing spinal health issues or how to improve overall health and wellbeing.
* For more information on these tips and the Back to School campaign, visit backtoschool.org.au
* Or call us on 4779 3633 and we will be happy to assist you