Low Back Flexibility Exercises
How to Improve the Flexibility of your Low Back
These specific stretches are designed by your Townsville Chiropractor to improve the movement of your low back and to reduce your back pain. They are usually associated with the initial treatment and rehabilitation phase of your chiropractic treatment program. Only perform these exercises when instructed to by your chiropractor as part of your overall chiropractic treatment program.
If any of these exercises cause you any pain or discomfort, stop and consult your chiropractor.
Knee to Chest
- Lie on the floor
- Knees bent, feet on the floor and low back relaxed
- Tighten your abdominal muscles
- Bring both knees toward your chest holding on behind or on top of your knees
- Keep your back against the floor
- You may feel a stretch through your low back or buttock
- Hold for 5 seconds and repeat 10 times
- Lie on the floor, knees bent, feet on the floor
- Let your knees fall to one side hold for 5 seconds
- Gently move through both sides 10 times
- Lie on the floor, knees bent, feet flat on the floor
- Place one ankle to rest on the opposite knee – if you feel a stretch through your buttock hold the stretch here for 30 seconds.
- If you don’t feel a stretch reach your hand through to behind you knee and pull toward your chest. Remember to keep you hips straight and low back against the floor.
- Hold for 30 seconds and repeat each side twice.
- Kneel on all fours
- Arch your back up and hold for 5 seconds
- Gently move through and lower your stomach towards the ground.
- Hold here for 5 seconds and repeat the whole motion 10 times.
Are you suffering from low back pain? Contact us today to find out how Chiropractic can help you.
GO TO OUR RELATED PAGES BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION